What Controls The Hardware - Update
One other thing that I have recently added to my collection of hardware is a dedicated imaging PC. The Intel NUC 7i5BNH is around 15cm square and around 4 cm tall. This week, I spent 2 evenings putting on the operating system and all the software I need to start using it.
- 64 bit Windows 10 Enterprise.
- Bitdefender antivirus.
- The driver bundle was downloaded from the Intel website, and all relevant drivers were installed. Windows 10 actually does a reasonable job of installing what it needs, but given this was a vanilla build, I wanted to use all the manufacturers drivers from the start.
- I gave the wireless access controller a fixed IP address, and enabled RDP which allows me to remote onto the NUC from another machine on my home network.
The Astro Hardware
- SkyWatcher EQ6-R Pro mount.
- Altair Hypercam 183c (v1) for imaging.
- GPCAM Mono for guiding.
- USB3 12v hub